Saturday, April 13, 2013

Decaf

Decaf
Figure painting has become my favorite genre.    I am not as advanced as I would like to be, but there is a lot of satisfaction in capturing a human likeness.  

On this day, our model made the suggestion that we use a comfy, overstuffed armchair.  Evidently she had a terrible night, having been in a hospital emergency room with her daughter, and was exhausted.     Her fatigue was evident as she relaxed into the chair, nursing her Dunkin' Donuts coffee. 

At first I painted her glancing off to the left.  I then decided that having her eyes closed better captured the mood.  I used really large brushes for everything except for the face and hands.  It was tempting to fine tune the chair but I resisted.  I tried to make the blue/orange harmony consistent throughout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog
and wished to mention that I've truly loved browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your
rss feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!


Feel free to surf to my page - want to lose weight fast