Monday, September 23, 2013

Kick Start

Audubon in September
It's been three weeks since my last blog, the longest stretch without an entry since its inception in October 2011.       My list of subjects for paintings has just grown exponentially since returning from magical Ireland.   Expect an extended period of Ireland inspired scenes in the months to come.   Those images are screaming to be captured in oil.   Why I'm not jumping into it, I don't know.   Maybe the ideas
need to percolate for a bit.

Meanwhile, here is a small 8 x 10 inch warm up done "en plein air" at the Green Harbor Audubon a couple of days ago.   The light was bright and warm and the shadows were cool blue.  September's influence can be seen in the grasses that are tipping over and turning to straw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Come visit with stories! Plus...Don't I owe you a frame?
-Mary Beth
mbbrown@duxburyart.org

Maureen Vezina Art Blog said...

Thank you Mary Beth! I'll come by soon