Monday, November 18, 2013

River Channel at the Jetty

Green Harbor Channel - Stage One
Green Harbor Channel - Stage Two
I returned to Burke's Beach and stood close to where I was a few days ago.   In that jetty painting I stood facing southeast looking into the sun.    For this painting, I turned 180 degrees, again including some of the jetty which buffers the river channel into Green Harbor.   There was a deck of alto-stratospheric clouds, meaning no brilliant blue sky on this day.  Wooden pilings ran parallel to the rocks which acted as a retaining wall for the (titanium) buff colored sand.   I much prefer the sun behind me illuminating my canvas and palette - much better for my retinas too!  The many boats which sit on land i winter at the marina are visible in the distant left. The larger fishing and lobster boats have continued to work, and account for most of the boats still in the water.  

 I almost added the Hamilton lobster boat which entered the river toward the end of the paint-out.   The boat sat very low in the water weighted down by a capacity load of lobster traps.   I may add it yet, but here is a photo of it and the painting fresh off the plein air field easel.
Hamilton Lobster Boat



No comments: