Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pumpkins and Blue Pottery

Demo Set Up

Pumpkins and Blue Pottery Still Life
I like the blue and orange harmony with this set up and you may recognize some of the objects from another recent still life.   This was the painting that I did at the Duxbury Art Association Craft Show last week. I met lots of nice people who were interested in the painting process.
As for the show, the variety and quality of the artisans and their creations was superb.  I stood amid the sights and sounds of crowds and onlookers, as well as the aromas breads, pies, and sweet treats.   Immediately to my left was Sirenetta Seaside Chocolatier and you might know how I feel about chocolate.   Her samples enticed me to buy a box and I can personally state that this is outstanding handmade chocolate!

Yes, it was a true test of my concentration to get a painting done with all the sensory stimuli around me.  I got about eighty percent of the painting done, and then completed it from the photo reference above.
Pumpkins and Blue Pottery



No comments: