Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Winter Sunset over Carson Beach

What a brutal winter we have had in 2014!   Usually by this time of year, there is less additional snow piling up and most of the snow pack has melted.   This winter, not only has it continued to snow regularly, but the temperatures have provided a steady state of refrigeration preventing Spring from breaking out.  I know that I stated that there would be no more snow paintings this year, but I forgot about this one which I did a month ago.

Billowy snow clouds were competing with a bright firey sunset over Carson Beach in South Boston. There were snowflakes in the air while a nice blue/orange harmony illuminated the entire scene (from From H Street at Day Boulevard in South Boston.)  The rooftops of the Carson Beach Bathhouse were visible because of their full snow cover, but were a dark blue against the treeline at dusk
.

2 comments:

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

I go by this beach all the time-this is just beautiful!!!

-Rich

Maureen Vezina Art Blog said...

Thank you Rich! I grew up a couple of blocks from there and got to appreciate the sunsets over the bathhouses from when I was little.