Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pink Roses

New Mop Brush
For a golfer, it may be that new driver, for the tinkerer, an antique tool, and for a chef, perhaps it is a new cooking gadget.  No matter what a person's passion may be, the new tool (i.e. toy) has the potential to simplify and/or improve the result which is something we enthusiastically look forward to.

For me, a painter, it was a new brush, a fancy mop head brush. I have been quite excited about it and even have put off using it for just the right moment.   {"Get a life," you may be saying?}  It wasn't cheap and I'm not so adept at using it yet but I'm learning.   I used it on this painting of pink roses to soften all of the edges prior to the final application of the lightest lights.   I think it enhanced the pretty subject matter and helped the light on the petals look more translucent.  Using it for the background light rendered a somewhat ethereal feel.  

Pink Roses
I usually do not paint flowers.   I have found them even more difficult than faces in some cases.   I did like how this came out, so maybe my new mop brush is helping!



No comments: