Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Lilacs in a Watering Can

Lilacs in a Watering Can - Stage One
This painting was conceived in reverse.    I came across this beautiful little frame that had a 5x5 inch opening.   I have never used the 5x5 inch size, although I have been enjoying the square format.  It was simple enough to cut and mount a linen square and stretch onto a 5x5 barn board square.    With this style of the frame, I envisioned a painting depicting a delicate floral image of some kind.   Lavender or bluish flowers would be perfect complements to the silvery tone of the frame.    I created a square thumbnail drawing that seemed to have a "not too symmetric" feel.







No fresh lilacs were available, but I found some fine images that were usable.   The light source in my favorite image was from the left so I imagined a nice country window casting light on the blooms, watering can and antique chair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maureen, I am the administrator of a Facebook page called “You Know You Grew Up in Cohasset When” , and I have just recently began compiling a photo album on the site of Cohasset Art. I was wondering if you would allow me to post images of your Cohasset works on the site. I would, of course, give you full credit and add a link to your site.

Thank you for your time…..here is a link to my FB site’s Cohasset Art photo album:
https://www.facebook.com/238647849509136/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1490130301027545

Regards,
Steve Sinopoli