Friday, July 7, 2017

Overcast Brant Rock

Overcast Brant Rock - Stage Two

My gear was packed and ready.   I took a spin around town, looking for inspiration, almost stopping along the river.  The beautiful "Spring greens" view of the South River from the rear of a local restaurant caught my attention, but the large dumpster turned me off.    Wouldn't a misty sea breeze be better?  Of course it would.



Overcast Brant Rock - Stage One
The painting location I settled on is a personal favorite, and one that I have painted in the past. The super low tide exposed the rocky shoreline and created many tidal pools.   Comerants crowded together on the actual "Brant Rock"as I painted and the rain held off until the very minute - literally - that I started back to the studio.

Overcast Brant Rock

No comments: