Friday, December 30, 2011

vezinart at Bluecanvas: The Artist Network

vezinart at Bluecanvas: The Artist Network

Just Right Jeans
I was curious about Bluecanvas Magazine which is a major sponsor of a TV series on Bravo called "Next Great Artist."   The second season of this art competition just finished before Christmas.  One of the grand prizes was a cover feature on Bluecanvas.  I haven't seen the paper magazine around so I viewed their information online.

In order to fully explore the Bluecanvas website, I joined their "artist network."   It seems really interesting in that you can post your own work in a personal gallery page, award "stars" to other works that you like, and also even be a virtual "collector" which allows you to select other people's works as part of your virtual collection.

Along the way, I spotted a contest which challenged painters to create a painting that captured the theme of "classic."   I decided to immortalize my husband's Levi's in this "larger than life" 24X20 in painting and submitted the following required text explanation - limit 50 words.


Description:
"We need more pants, not tents!"

And with that, the California Gold Rush era produced the apparel item with universal appeal, classic blue jeans. Worldwide, people rich and poor, young and old, likely have jeans that are broken in - just right - like this old pair.

No comments: