Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paintings of Epic Proportions - Part 4

It's part four, but not the final chapter. 

It is the third week of February and still no snow.  Moreover, there is none in sight, specifically it will be mid fifties for the next 3 days.  

I worked on the Newfane Common tree shadows as planned.  The shadows are a warm, middle value blue.  The shadows are darker and crisper closer to the source of the shadow, the trees, and they get fuzzier and lighter the further it is from the source.   I know this; I observe it in my photos;  I worked to execute them that way.   I'm not completely satisfied because the shadows do not seem dark enough.

Two VT Snowscapes - 90% Complete
Its time to let them cure.   As I stated before, if it snows this year, I will resurrect the project.   If not, I will just wait until next winter.   I always enjoy coming back to an initial effort for the second round of updates, and when the time is right, these mega canvases will be calling to me.

No comments: