Monday, October 24, 2011

Plein Air from Anywhere


I have spent a fair amount of time searching for great locations to paint.  In the past few weeks, I have tried to resist the urge to wander around in the car, wasting precious painting time and just park.  

I was heading back from Boston on scenic Route 3A.   My thinking was to stop somewhere in Hingham or Cohasset.   Before I knew it, I was in Scituate - next town - Marshfield.   I circled around the rotary at the start of the Driftway and pulled into the parking lot for what looked like a public works building.   Beyond the parking lot was a beautiful pond with box turtles sunning themselves and plenty of gold and orange reflecting across the water.   I didn't even know this spot existed.   I set up and got to work.  What a spot - beautiful and right on a rotary of all places.


Scituate Rotary Pond


This next one is of the rotary itself.  It felt a little crazy at first as I was composing because of my usual quest for a perfect location.   Here is Rotary Motif #1. 





Studio Photo of Scituate Rotary

No comments: