Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chocolate

There are people who don't like chocolate and there are people who love it and every level in between.   Then there is me.   I am off the chart. 

If I was stuck on a desert island with limited choices for food, chocolate would be one of them.  Chocolate syrup goes in my morning and afternoon coffee.  When I travel, I pack cans of chocolate syrup.  My automatic dessert preference is chocolate.  

Several aspects of chocolate make it so appealing including its taste, texture and endomorphinic rush.   I stop short and worry when I hear a health news story regarding chocolate.   To date, they have only reassured me, thankfully, that chocolate continues be shown to have health benefits (probably not sugar as binder).    I really ought to offer myself up to the medical world as the person to study for the effects from large amounts of chocolate and save lab mice from their tortured little worlds.

Block In

Drug of Choice 9x12 inch
It is fitting then that chocolate should be elevated beyond the kitchen shelf and honor it with an oil painting.   This larger-than-life homage to chocolate was started at Christmas when the house was fully stocked with chocolate in several different formats, syrup, cocoa powder, bon bons and chocolate kisses. 

No comments: