Sunday, November 16, 2014

Columbia Point from Day Boulevard


Columbia Point Vantage

Columbia Point from Day Boulevard
I had just over an hour before I was due to pick up my aunt for lunch.    I exited the Southeast Expressway and rounded the circle in South Boston and started down Day Boulevard.   After passing the Massachusetts State Police Station, I got ready to make a turn into one of the beach parking lots.

I was lucky to snag the first spot which had a clear view of the Kennedy Library, the fishing pier and old stone gazebo.   This spot is known as "Mothers' Rest", one of many scenic vantages along the Harborwalk.   It was a very gray day, so there was neither dramatic sunlight or defining shadows.  There was still plenty of fall color in the distant trees.

Columbia Point from Day Boulevard
There was a mixture of runners, walkers and UMass Boston students passing by and only a handful of people stopped to talk.   That was probably good because I was tight on time.

The last thing I did was to use my "scrape off" rubber tool to carve the shape of the sign through the thick sky paint.   This pulled off the thick paint and gave me the right sign location allowing me to finish it back in the studio.  I do like the freshness of this one - no doubt because of the lack of time, ie no fussing over detail and reworking. 

No comments: