Monday, May 23, 2016

Pink and White Roses

Pink and White Roses
I liked painting the pink roses a couple of weeks ago (did I just say that?) and I began working on another, this one having both pink and white blossoms.  The white rose is really more green than white, and I included accents of pink on it as well.  
I worked the background in a warmish charcoal grey made from sap green, alizarin crimson and a touch of lavender.    I also worked out the placement of the roses in thin warm pink with a soft sable brush.   Once the first layer of paint was dry, I applied the cool pink rose petals with a short rounded palette knife.   Streaks of pink and yellow are running through each petal. I used a soft dry sable to draw the thickly painted petals into the base of the petal.  I'm thinking they are not loose enough.  Practice makes perfect, so I will continue to practice.

No comments: