Monday, July 3, 2017

Green Harbor Lobster Pound

Lobster Pound
I recently inventoried my array of Green Harbor paintings in preparation for a special project, and I realized that it was incomplete.  I had not yet immortalizing the Green Harbor Lobster Pound.   This seasonal establishment is known for its gigantic and delicious lobster rolls.   The lobster rolls are so popular in fact that there are days that they honor only advance orders. After a certain point on those days, they decline lobster roll orders.    I once witnessed a man state that his wife was going to kill him if he didn't come home with her lobster roll.    I don't know if his plea produced results, and maybe he had to settle for a fried clam plate!   Also delicious!  :)

People Close Up
The Lobster Pound's spring opening starts with the weekends in May and when their little bifold sign announces Mothers' Day lobsters, it always sets the summer lovers' hearts aflutter.   This scene captures a warm Sunday in May as patrons steadily wandered in and out.

No comments: