Monday, August 5, 2019

Breakwater

Breakwater - Stage One
Have I mentioned lately how happy I am while I am outside painting?   Add to that being a location like this breezy seaside view, gentle, rolling waves - pure bliss.    As I set up, I was convinced that this would be a boring repeat of a scene I've done before.   As I dug into my Gamblin Radiant colors (radiant pink, lavender, teal) to create the sky, I was more encouraged.   Next I mixed the various sea-grays and spread it thickly with the palette knife, I was very happy with it.  The actual painting is so much more colorful than these photos with streaks of pink and lavender in the sky and sand.  Maybe you'll see the original sometime.

I did meet one of my faithful readers who bought a Green Harbor painting a number of years back.       (S - It was great to see you!)  Nice paint-out all around!


Breakwater - Brant Rock

No comments: