Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waves and Clouds Breaking

Waves and Clouds Breaking
A large low pressure passed just south of the area over the weekend and although we were spared the brunt of the precipitation, we still felt the ocean surge.   The surf has been up and the breakers were spectacular at this morning's sunrise.    When I got back from walking the beach, I ran into the house and grabbed a 9x12 canvas board, a couple of brushes, my palette, and a tin of turpenoid.  I was all bundled up from the walk and still pretty heated up so I put on some stretchy gloves and headed to the seawall to paint.

The plan was to capture the post storm breakers and clouds that were also beginning to break apart.  I didn't even bother with an easel and I painted quickly.  By the time I had cooled down,  this one was finished in the spirit of plein air painting - about fifteen minutes to be exact.  This is the jetty at Green Harbor River and the direction is roughly northeast.   What an exhilarating experience!



No comments: