Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hicks Point from Bay Road, Duxbury

Cedars on the Marsh
In South Duxbury, Massachusetts, the coastline turns inward and faces Kingston Bay.   There are several marshy areas that border Kingston Bay forming pretty inlets.     The inlet in front of me in this painting is Island Creek, and presumably it passes under the road I was on (Bay Road).     According to the map I checked, the neck of land on the left is called Hicks Point.   Wouldn't that house make a great painting location (or home for that matter)!   I had to settle for a long view of it for this painting.

The tide was rising and it was an astronomically extra-high tide.   The marsh quickly turned watery and what really caught my attention were the two huge clusters of dark cedars.   Although I loved the composition through my viewfinder, once I captured in on the canvas, it was quite ordinary. I was somewhat disappointed with the result from the actual paint out.

Hicks Point, South Duxbury, MA
I guess you could say that "ordinary" was the theme of this paint out.   No unusual stories to report; it was just a peaceful, serene session of matching marshy golds and cloudy skies.   Okay, I think what I'm saying is this post is dull, #pleinair painting is always exciting!


No comments: