Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Watercolors in Barbados

People on the Beach - Watercolor
I am an oil painter, and oil paint is a very forgiving medium. If I make a mistake or don't like my result, I can easily paint over the mess and mostly salvage the painting.  

Waterlilies in Watercolor
Watercolor on the other hand is, to me, the most difficult medium.   I have the utmost respect for water-colorists that can produce clean, lovely gems that look effortless.   I say all this because I brought my watercolors on vacation and  I don't have much to show for it.   

I tried hibiscus, beach people and a couple of subjects from photos I brought with me.  Shown are the "best" ones.  It was a great trip and although it was hard to face winter again, at least my oil paints are waiting for me!





No comments: