Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Windy Day at Driftway

Stage One - Matching Color
It's warming up outside and the colors all around are taking on summery hues.    The "high in the sky" sunlight is most responsible.    The wind, however was also a factor on this day when I set up at the Driftway walking paths in Scituate, MA, a local treasure along the North River.

The only downside to painting at the Driftway is the number of dogs running around and exploring.    It's not that I don't love dogs, because I do, but it's not a good situation if one becomes interested in a fully loaded paint palette (bad for him) or worse, sniffing my gear sitting on the ground (bad for me).   The vantage I decided on - down river - could be seen from the long fishing pier.    No humans or canines, seemed motivated to walk all the way to where I was, so there were no mishaps. 

Stage Two - Windy Day at Driftway
The views were gorgeous, and because of the wind, the water was dark and rushing.   That was the effect I tried to paint for the water.   I guess I could call this one, Rushing Water.  Let me know your thoughts on these titles, or otherwise.

Windy Day at Driftway

No comments: