Thursday, July 4, 2019

Plymouth Harbor Dinghies

Plymouth Harbor Dinghies in Progress
Prior to my open studio session in Plymouth, I walked over to the waterfront where I enjoyed this gorgeous scene.  It was "golden hour," when the late light is so warm and dramatic.  It was low tide and glow from the low angle - an orangey-gold glow on everything.    In the far distance under the footbridge (left), was the water of the Kingston Bay.  The footbridge leads to the very long granite breakwater that protects Plymouth Harbor.




Plymouth Harbor Dinghies

There you have the geographical backdrop, but the real center of interest for the painting was the cluster of dinghies tied up at this dock.  Where I was standing, the water below me was starting to darken, and that exaggerated the brightness of the warm light on the boats.  What a fun scene to capture!

No comments: