Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Cohasset Cove

Border St Bridge in Spring
Cohasset is a pretty little town nestled along the South Shore of Massachusetts between Hingham and Scituate.   Today we painted along an inlet - a waterway known as "the Gulf".  It passes under the Border Street Bridge, a spot I painted at a couple of years ago in spring.  See first photo...



Border St Bridge Rapids
On this summer day, adventurous kids and a few adults were jumping from the bridge into the water.   Most scrambled to the side and climbed the rocks to the top again.   But some swimmers road the rapids over the falls down to an area where the water slowed down and flattened.   These swimmers navigated to a dock with a ladder where they could climb up and repeat.




Cohasset Cove - In Progress
Cohasset Cove - Nearly Done
Yikes!   I found myself serving as pseudo-lifeguard as well as painter.  Not that I can picture myself jumping in and saving anyone, but I was keeping account of the over-the-rapids swimmers. Those rocks must be nice and smooth!
 

My painting scene includes the rapids entering at the left and flowing to the dock.  It is an 8x8 inch square.




No comments: