Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Harbor Park - Willow and Ospreys



Willows and Ospreys - Harbor Park in Progress
More and more people are starting to use Harbor Park on Dribeck Road near Marshfield's Marina.   When the park was first completed, I could paint there and in two hours, never see anyone stop or stroll through.  Today, people steadily passed by, some taking a break under the gazebo and some asking about my painting.


Willows and Ospreys - Harbor Park
The scene is somewhat typical of a tidal river, cedar trees, willows, marshgrass, stone retaining walls and of course, seagrass.   I was most interested in the osprey nest built on a wooden platform on a tall pole in the middle of the inlet.  If I were to paint it to scale, the nest would be but a speck in the grand scheme of the painting, so I made it much larger.   The nest that sits out over the marsh grass was very active with two adult ospreys bringing fish for the two (large) chicks.   You can view my scene and a bit of drama when another osprey harassed the nest in the video.

No comments: