Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Pond in August

Pond in August
On this August day at the pond, wild things that grow seemed to be peaking.    There was honeysuckle that smelled heavenly, purple spikes that grew from a pond plant that I didn't know, and of course loads of water lilies.   A double trunked tree that leaned over the pond reflected its V-shape in the water.

I was standing on the little dock, and not only did the scene look nice, but the sounds were mesmerizing.  I heard peepers, frogs, birds and the lapping of the waves under the dock.   Could all this sensory stimulation be the reason I used so much paint?   I have actually been using up all the paint on my palette lately.   If you zoom in on this one, you'll see what I mean.   

This painting was very busy - just like the actual view.   I think once back in the studio, I'll established a stronger center of interest and downplay some of the chatter.

No comments: