Thursday, October 3, 2019

Farmstand

Summer Farmstand
A local farm stand has been supplying me with some spectacular produce this year.   They provide the usual summer specialties: lettuce, corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and eggs.  I've been stopping there at least three times per week all summer.   The fruit (especially the peaches and plums) have been so good that I am lucky if my purchases make it to the destination without being eaten en route.  And never mind my plan to use this fine looking bounty for still life paintings!  

In this scene, Drew, the attendant is helping a customer pick out her treasures.  Their figures are mostly shaded, although there is rim light here and there.  Two other elements that I included were the red wheelbarrow full of corn (half sunny, half shady) and the A-frame street sign. I took liberty with the placement of these rearranged for the sake of balancing the painting.   
Alas, this week the mums and pumpkins made their appearance, which means the farmstand will be closing soon.   Oh, sweet summer, don't go!

No comments: