Thursday, April 29, 2021

Bridge Over the North River

Bridge Over the North River


Old Washington Street parallels route 53 at the Pembroke/Hanover line.  Although chaotic Route 53 is visible from where I was (next bridge over the North River), it was much more serene.    The trees were just starting to bud; some were pale pink and others just a dull gray-green.   It felt great to be outside!


North River Paint Out

 

 

 

 I was surprised at how many boats and kayaks passed under me given that it was only April and quite cool.  This is a tidal river and the flow was against most of the boats I saw.  Motor-less boats really had to battle the current and I confess I got a good chuckle out of hearing one couple's banter (aka - argument) as to who was working harder.    "I AM working hard!"  Followed by a stream of rowing instructions, "left, left, I said LEFT!"  "now RIGHT."  " GRRRRRRR!   Well, they made it through the "narrows" to the other side, and I'm guessing quite heated up!   I did wonder if, upon their return, would they ride this same flo-tide in, or struggle against an equally strong ebb-tide.  I''ll never know!  :)

No comments: