Monday, April 5, 2021

Plein Air Hancock, NH

It took just under two hours to get to Hancock, NH for our February painting getaway. My husband and I were each able to get two paintings done in the three days.  The conditions were rough the first day as it was cloudy, freezing cold - and windy.  Additionally, I was standing in snow.   I was quickly chilled to the bone.  It did make me paint faster than usual, although the paint was quite sluggish.   Hahaha...it was great!   I sought hot tea immediately once we got to the Inn and happily let their elderly Golden Retriever rest his warm head in my lap.

Snowy Gate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By contrast, the next day was glorious. The full sunshine gave a brilliant glow to everything in sight. The black and white world from the previous day was now full of lively color, blue sky, yellow inn, red barn, and golden, sunlit pile of firewood.  I never did clean off my palette from the first day, so its no wonder that the snow colors look very similar.   The photo belies the bright color in the actual painting, especially the red, and now I'm thinking I should make things brighter still.  Paintings that reside in the studio are never really done!

Barn Out Back
 

 

 

No comments: