Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Scituate Light Vertical


 

 



This painting depicts early morning with unsettled skies at beautiful and historic Scituate Light.   This portrait style 12x6 inch canvas worked out well for this subject.   As I painted a nice couple came over and asked various questions about this painting and painting in general.   I forget exactly what statement informed me that they were a "new" couple.   He asked me how much I would take for the painting.  (The painting was not nearly done and not yet in a state I would want to own up to.)   

Now, if you sell paintings you know that an offer like this is a gift on a silver platter.   Seldom does a painting sale happen that way.   In retrospect, maybe he wanted to impress his new friend with an unusual on-the-spot gift.  What did I say?  "Let's exchange cards and I will email you."      Well you know the ending to that story!  hahaha...I probably could use a lesson in sales.

 Now on display at Framers' Edge in Braintree, MA. 

 

No comments: