Monday, June 25, 2012

Seaglass Landscape


Seaglass Landscape
I have always enjoyed scanning the beach for seaglass and since moving to Green Harbor we have collected thousands of pieces.   First we filled small containers, then we bought bigger containers and filled them as well.   Finally we got an eight inch round clear glass vase that is about 24 inches tall and combined it all.   The point is, we have a lot of seaglass.    In order to make use of it, I have made seaglass jewelry and have garnished glassware with it.   That used up about  .0001 percent of it.

How about a landscape painting with it?   I sifted through and chose some pretty landscape colors.    My plan was to do this landscape as a dry run for an 8 x 8 inch square for the North River Arts Society 2012 Out of the Box Event.   Once I saw this result, I decided against it since it looks kind of tacky.   I confess that I do kind of like it though.

No comments: