Thursday, October 11, 2012

Miramar Cart Path

Miramar Stone Wall
A return painting trip to the grounds of the Miramar Retreat was a great way to enjoy an early fall day.   I love the stone walls that border the trails and want to keep including them in my landscapes.   They lend themselves to the dark, rustic style that I like.   Also the texture that I usually have on the canvas helps give dimension to the stones without having to vary my colors or values very much.  The stone wall in this photo/painting wraps around a dirt path corner.   In addition to the stone wall, I liked the interesting branch pattern on this tree, and the brick 19th century building in the background.   Not so attractive was the big white dumpster and bright blue safety fence.   I eliminated the undesirables for this painting.   This is still a work in progress.

No comments: