Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Pembroke Herring Run

Pembroke Herring Run - Stage One
I often drive by the Herring Run Historical Park along Route 14 in Pembroke, MA.   "I really have to paint here someday" I say to myself.  Well finally today was the day - early June, very sunny and very green.   What could be more relaxing than painting next to a bubbling, stone-lined brook under a breezy canopy of tall trees?   For me, maybe being ocean side, but this little paradise was a close second.


Pembroke Herring Run - Stage Two
The water level seemed especially high, probably because of the large amount of recent spring rain.  The foam and splashes were to be the painting highlights, showing the stream's fast movement - hopefully. Here is an action clip from where I was standing (of the water, not my paint brush - haha).


Pembroke Herring Run
   I liked the bright sunny greenery on the far side of the archway opening.   It gave me a chance to show the sense of distance.  In fact, as I look at it now, that small opening commands more attention than the rushing water, and I'm okay with that.  Here is an


No comments: