Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ode to Hollywood Exhibit Opening

A couple of days ago, I forwarded the following link to my family members.

http://laartparty.com/

I got a boot out of the fact that in this Entertainment Publication in Los Angeles was touting the "Ode to Hollywood" Exhibit Opening as an LA "pick of the week."   Mentioned in the article was the "MA to LA" connection - that meant me - and further on listed my name among other artists who were selected for the show.

A painter doesn't typically stay wired to email all day so imagine my reaction when I signed on later and read a flurry of emails that amounted to a grassroots family uprising.  They said,  "you're going, right? " ...  "Seriously, you have to"  ... "it doesn't happen every day..."  "I know a guy in LA..."   Even the flight numbers and times were supplied to me.

We took the plunge and booked flights and hotel and within an hour our vacation plans were altered.   The Red Sox tickets were reassigned.   (We aren't in love with them right now anyhow - good riddance Beckett).   Thank you to the family for providing clarity on the situation!

I am looking forward to visiting this very cool and welcoming gallery. I've been so impressed with Jeanie and team from the Jeanie Madsen Gallery.   Look them up on Facebook if you want.  They have been outstanding to work with and the following philosophy seems to be more than just good words.

"A home for "Real Deal" Artists. No fluff. Not searching for fame and fortune, only searching for truth and passion before all. Not doing what society or Mom and Dad tell you to do, but what your inner soul tells you to do. Did I mention, incredibly humble Artists. Or just Real. Real Deal Talent. What can I say, see for yourself."  Not all that is true about me, but I like that they want that in their artists.

I will post on this some more, but for now, I'm boarding.  On to LA!!!




1 comment:

Jody Regan said...

Maureen, that's very exciting! So glad you chose to go, and congrats on getting accepted into the show.