Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pretty Light on Assumption Church

Our Lady of the Assumption - Light and Shadows
Early Saturday afternoon in this shady church parking lot was quiet and private, a beautiful May day.   Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Green Harbor is a fairly modern structure and it is quite beautiful in its own way.   It is not a grand or majestic church like some of the cathedral-like churches of my childhood.   The interior is appropriately bright and airy, similar to Green Harbor itself.  The light was bright and warm on the white church surface, a contrast from the shaded, bluish driveway where I stood. This painting depicts the back of the church from the rear parking lot and the stained glass window is located over the altar.   Can you tell I love stained glass windows?   I pumped up the color beyond reality, cuz I wanted to.  :)

No comments: